Wednesday 5 September 2012

Owl City or Carly Rae Jepsen?

I was busy drawing some things when a thought popped into my head:

Would I rather be Owl City or Carly Rae Jepsen?

I have a lot of thoughts like this and I'm sure I'm not the only one... Normally they leave by brain as quickly as they arrive but this stubborn little bugger won't leave. And, in true Carrie Bradshaw-style, it got me thinking:

Would I rather be Owl City or Carly Rae Jepsen?

Obviously, both come with pros and cons...

OWL CITY

Pros:
  • You seem like a nice dude
  • You sound a bit like the Postal Service and I like the Postal Service
  •  I like your hair
  • You're younger than me so that's a thing

Cons:
  • Some of your songs have silly titles
  • You have an album entitled "All Things Bright and Beautiful" yet you haven't recorded a cover of the titular hymn
  • You're not responsible for 'Call Me Maybe'
  • This happened and it makes me sad



CARLY RAE JEPSEN

Pros:
  • 'Call Me Maybe' is an amazing song
  • You're Canadian and I went to Toronto once and had a lovely time
  • You're also younger than me - way to make me feel like an old dude

Cons:
  • 'Call Me Maybe' is an amazing song that you would have to sing all the time until the end of time
  • Your fringe is in danger of becoming your trademark hairdo and I worry about getting it in my eyes
  • If I had to perform 'Call Me Maybe' all the time, I still don't think I could remember the verses
And there we have it. I might add some extra pros and/or cons as I think of them. But here, I made this survey for you to fill in. Let me know your thoughts!



No comments: