Wednesday 18 November 2009

Jessica Fletcher Week: Cousin Emma Visits!




Some of my favourite episodes of Murder She Wrote are the ones that feature Emma McGill - Jessica's British cousin who is a West End singer... She is also clearly Angela Lansbury in a wig and with slightly slutty make up. Oh - and instead of a sleuthing coat, she wears fur coats and sings songs and the like.

Sadly, the only YouTube clip I can find of Cousin Emma is of poor quality. Still, she's totally singing "How D'ya Like To Spoon With Me," so that makes up for something.



This song, in case you didn't know, is a song that Angela Lansbury sang in Till The Clouds Roll By in 1946!!! It's an in-joke! And now my brain hurts! Eeeeeeeeeeeee

2 comments:

Robin said...

I LOVE "Emma's" atrocious wandering accent. I also love it when Jessica Fletcher goes to Ireland, and adopts a godawful mock-Irish lilt to her accent.

I love Angela Lansbury. She's dreadful.

Anonymous said...

It's so good to find another fan of Murder, She Wrote. I am obsessed with it. My partner and I have all the DVDs and watch at least two episodes of Murder, She Wrote a day. Sometimes we get as many as 5! I can't get enough. I love her.